We're delighted to announce that we will be upgrading Dorchester Sports Centre throughout Autumn 2018.
We have listened to your feedback and can't wait to be able to share with you our new bigger and better facilities to get more people moving in Dorchester and the surrounding areas.
Work is well underway to improve the existing facility, after which you will have access to one of the most state of the art fitness facilities within the Southwest.
Here are some of the key highlights of what you can expect from your new bigger and better Dorchester Sports Centre:
New Group Cycle Studio:
- A fully immersive group cycle experience led by fully trained 1610 instructors
- Twenty connected bikes that will track your data through the Technogym key or MyWellness app
- Individual touch screens on each bike to help guide you through the workout and enable you to view all your class statistics.
- Technogym power-test that saves to your individual account and allows you to improve and beat your times.
- Increased classes on the timetable jumping from 14 per week to 30 per week
New PRAMA Studio:
- Workout in an immersive environment with a unique multi- sensory and an intelligent interactive flooring system with integrated LED lights controlled by touch screen technology to create a functional as well as fun workout.
- PRAMA uses dimming and colour changing lights to create a relaxing and holistic environment.
- Variety of class formats for all ages and abilities with at least five classes for twenty participants per week.
- PRAMA Kidz - New programme which will excite both parents and children alike as although it uses technology which children are familiar with, it is used in a positive and fun way to encourage them to develop essential physical and social skills working together as part of a team. The PRAMA programme is very creative; it uses lights and music to create a high energy atmosphere where children are having so much fun working together to react quickly to the programme.
Notice: During the next couple months you may experience some disruption to your class timetable however our wellness coaches will be on hand to give you alternative exercises which you can utilise in the fitness suite or swimming pool.
We're planning to have your new look gym ready to go for mid December 2018 and we will of course keep you updated via our website, mobile app and social media pages....watch this space!